Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Cooking up some #AlteredBook Fun for Unruly Paper Arts Reader's Art Quest



Hello Everyone... how is it the middle of May already??! Well it's time for some more inspiration for the current Reader's Art Quest at Unruly Paper Arts. This month's challenge theme is "Food Glorious Food" - need I say more. This inspiration board makes me dream of summertime pies topped with loads of meringue.


The Unruly Paper Arts Reader's Art Quest "Food Glorious Food" Inspiration photo and color palette, are perfect for the all sorts of creations and the interesting food holidays are quite fun also.

For this month's inspiration I went back to something I have not done in a while... book altering. This spread I created in an old vintage cookbook for my local round robin group. I really enjoyed this project combining book altering and art journaling.


The page is dedicated to my Dad, his love of cooking and a throw together recipe that my Dad made for me on a visit. Tucked behind the collage clipping of the coffee drinker {from an old baggie of scrapbooking alterables}, I have fashioned a pocket to contain the recipe and the story of his "spaghetti pie." I needed a little something extra to ground my floating pie photo {it was so delicious and no matter how I try, I can't get mine to taste as good}. I got the idea of simpified line drawings from the kitschy images in the cookbook this is created in. The book is "The Fireside Cook Book: A Complete Guide to Fine Cooking for Beginner and Expert" Hardcover – 1949 by James A. Beard. 


I hope you enjoyed my project and that you are inspired to join us in this month's Reader's Art Quest. I would love to see what you create. Please leave me a comment with your link.  :) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin