Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Friday, May 8, 2015

Say a SPECIAL Thanks for National Teacher's Day...




Greetings Friends! In a couple weeks school will be ending for summer break and I wanted to make a special gift for the teacher. If you search Pinterest there is a plethora of ideas - it's quite overwhelming. I found loads of fun ideas that I can do with stuff I have on hand that sent me off to the studio to rummage through my scrapbooking stash.


I'm sharing a quick and easy handmade Teacher appreciation gift with items you have in your craft stash, a Deflecto Craft Frame and Wet-Erase Markers. This project can be done in about an hour, the kids can even help, and the best part... it's re-usable and interactive, too!

For more information on the Deflecto line of products,


This month the Deflecto USA Ambassador Design Team is sharing a variety of projects Teacher's as well as for Mom's, Dad's and Grads using Deflecto Craft products so you'll want to CLICK HERE to jump over to the Deflecto Craft Facebook Page or Deflecto on Pinterest to see more of the teams creations.


For this project I used the 8 1/2" x 11" Deflecto Double Sided Portrait Frame Item #879201. A heavy-duty, two-sided clear frame featuring durable acrylic - this holder is tough enough to withstand frequent use... perfect for a busy teacher. It couldn't be easier to fill and decorate. I trimmed a black sheet double-sided scrapbooking paper to size and layered a large heart doily over the top.


My penmanship is not what it used to be so I did a little creative cheating - but it was more for being a SUPER TIME SAVER! I picked some fun fonts and printed out my text on the computer sized to fit the frame. I placed the printout in the frame and traced around the letters and colored them in using the non-smearing, fast-drying Deflecto Wet-Erase Markers. I have to admit this totally looks store bought.

I completed one side and let it dry completely before penning the other side. I recommend working upside-down and from left to right - it seems alien to do it this way, but it keeps your hand out of the wet chalk ink as you work.


The only other craft item I used was some American Crafts "Thickers" letter stickers applied to the outside of the frame to spell out "days until". This adds a little dimension and I used up a little something I had on hand. The stickers can be easily removed later if desired.





The great thing about the Deflecto Wet-Erase Markers is that with a quick wipe with a damp cloth, this can be changed and re-used over and over again. The black paper simulates a blackboard and the frame can be changed out to hold photos, calendar or other signage.


The finishing touch in blue - a personalized message.


With a handmade card and tied up bundle of the Wet-Erase Markers... this gift is ready for teacher. Wouldn't your child's teacher love to receive a thoughtful gift like this?

How would you create with Deflecto Craft Frames?

Thanks for visiting! Please join me each month when the Deflecto USA Ambassador Design Team will has a new Deflecto product challenge to debut.  :) Sb

For more information on the Deflecto line of products,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin