Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Spagetti Pie" Altered Book Page

May 2008 round robin for my local Altered Book Club, in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

This month I had Christine's altered cookbook, an old book from 1949, entitled, "Fireside Cookbook: A Complete Guide to Fine Cooking for Beginner and Expert". Her book was a little tattered, so it wasn't so tough altering it and it was quite fun to do. This book is so interesting - it has all of these kitschy retro illustrations throughout. I had to have a copy for my kitchen. Just my luck - I managed to find and purchase one from the used area at Amazon. Since my Dad has not been so well these past few months, he has been on my mind quite a lot lately. He had a passion for cooking, and was known for his specialties; so for this project, I made a tribute to his "Spaghetti Pie"

As a footnote, I received the book from Amazon about a half hour before getting word that my Dad had passed...like an angel sent down from the postal gods...Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin