Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wreck this Journal!!!



OK. I have committed
Myself to the 'wreck this jounal' event - I have this beautiful, sleek
& smooth brand new book - in all it's perfection -and I love new
books, no dents or dings, dog-eared pages and freshly printed smell.
My pet peeve: those stickers the book stores put on them- like
grafitti. I have to admit I am a bit of a printed material hoarder -
but for my library of art books - I cherish them.

How can I destroy a book?

I'm going to have to take inspiration from my altered artist friend
Judith, who had a round-robin altered book themed "fold, spindle, &
mutilate" - an exploration of tearing apart a book and artfully
putting it back together. I remember taking my alotted 40
pages...tearing 30 of them out and making little envelopes glued
together into a bridge when opened and the remaining 6 pages for an
origami book that folded out. It was a challenge and the book was all
black and white - one of those 'inside information' books. Oh yeah -
I just realized a Freudian - I edged everything I glued back in in RED!

So back to the burning question? How do I go about wrecking a
perfectly pristine book???

For more info or to join "Wreck this Journal" Journey please Click HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the adventure! It will be fun to see what you discover in the wreckage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome. ... it will be easier than you think. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of it isn't as easy as you might think!!!! But it's sure a lot of fun.

    Glad to be wrecking with you.

    Namaste'
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin