Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Friday, March 2, 2012

Christmas Card Number 9 Looks Mighty Fine
Unscripted Sketches #147

Happy Friday! No, I didn't forget...Presenting Christmas Card number NINE using Unscripted Sketches #147. This one is simple and has a classic Christmas nostalgic feel - full of pattern and texture. I wouldn't usually put together such busy patterns, but the color palette really helps them work together. I'm really pleased with the results.

Since my stash of paper hasn't been getting used up like I've planned - I signed up for a paper scrap swap last month and sent off about 100 pieces of varying sizes from 8" x 10" to 3" x 5". And I received a fresh supply of uber yummy scraps to play with. All of these pieces were in my package except the stocking sticker and the poinsetta scallop border. Just a few scraps, some Miracle Tape and a Chipboard Sticker...and I have another lovely card!
What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

Wow it's March already - what happened to February??? I spent last weekend participating in the Annual Lake Worth Street Painting Festival, in Lake Worth, Florida. So I'm catching up with things and March is starting off with a bang! This weekend I'm going to a Zentangle workshop - something I've wanted to learn more about for a long time. Then I have a play date on Sunday with one of my Altered Book Club buddies to work on our round-robin projects. I'm glad racing has started back up so maybe my husband won't miss me too much. Have a great weekend!
: ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin